Digital Birmingham is a Birmingham City Council initiative and part of a city wide strategic partnership of more than 40 public, private and voluntary organisations
City as a Platform - The Future for the Creative Industries?
When: Thursday 17 February 2011
Time: 10.00am - 17.45pm
Where: Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham. B4 7ET
The impact of the UK's digital creative industries reaches far beyond the economic. In an era of public sector cuts and greater emphasis on local engagement, what happens when a city opens out its public infrastructure, technologies, data and buildings to digital media content developers?
For more information and how to book, please click here.
- [Guardian] NSA surveillance: tech companies demand sweeping changes to US laws
- [BBC] Tech firms seek surveillance reform
- [Guardian] Boot up: iOS 7 UX critique, Marissa Mayer profiled, Bitcoin mining?, and more
- [Guardian] US Supreme Court to decide limits of software patenting
- [BBC] Lift-off for £1bn UK space project